03 March 2012

Spicy Peanut Butter Sour Dough Cookies

Spicy Peanut Butter Sour dough Cookies

For the wet part
Cream
  • 1/2c brown sugar
  • 1/2c butter
Before baking
Add and mix in
  • 1 large eggs
  • 1/2t almond extract
Stir in
  • 1/2c peanut butter (fresh)
Then stir in
  • 1/2c starter (whole wheat)

Add the dry (that was premixed together)
  • 1/2c all purpose white flour
  • 1/2c white wheat flour 
  • 1/2t baking powder
  • 1/2t baking soda
  • 1t cayenne pepper
  • 1/4t salt
 And I like adding peanut butter and chocolate chips (nestle) to the cookies, 3/4c

Now, put in fridge to get cold. I feel this helps make a better cookie. Spoon out the size you like on the cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes, depending on size. Medium size (1.5inch ball) will make 16 cookies.

Overall, I'm not sure what I was expecting but I do not think it was what I got. The last cookies I made were flat, chewy and had a little bit of a crunch. These guys were more soft, plump and more like bread. It reminds me of a very flat buttermilk biscuit. Nice kick to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment