18 March 2012

Honey Nut Wheat Bread with Buttermilk

It's time for bread again...

I'll be using my Mother's kitchenaid for this recipe. I wonder how different its going to be, since I've only had the pleasure of my hands mixing my bread. I also do not have my sourdough starter here at my parents house. And I've not baked with bread flour yet. Overall, I'm pretty excited about it.

When I wrote out my recipe I was feeling pretty good about it. Till I got distracted for one reason or another. I can't remember messing up this bad. So the recipe below reflects 1.5T safflower oil. When I read it back to my self I read 1.5c which was from the buttermilk. Well obviously the mixture the mixture is going to be too wet. Luckily, I thought to myself that 1.5c sounds like a lot so I added only 1c of safflower oil to the mix. I'm very unsure how this is going to go. At least next time, I 'll know when reading my recipe that I need to make careful note that the oil content will not match the volume of the buttermilk. :p

Honey Nut Wheat Bread with Buttermilk

Measure and whisk dry
  • 2.5t yeast
  • 1c whole wheat flour
  • 2c bread flour
  • .5t baking soda
  • 1t sea salt
Toast with a little safflower oil, then mix
  • 3T raw pumpkin seeds
  • 3T raw sunflower seeds
 Measure wet and add to dry
  • 3T honey
  • 1.5T safflower oil
  • 1.5c buttermilk
I used the KA's dough hook to mix all ingredients. For me it was wet do to the amount of safflower oil but surprisingly it had that glutenous texture from the bread flour. I kneaded it some with more wheat flour. Hopefully, it wont do as bad as my mind is making it out to be.

Let rise for 2hours or till doubled. Punch, rest for 10minutes, and knead again for 10mintues (by the way the bread flour has a completely different texture when kneading). Let rise in the oiled pan for 2hours or until doubled.  Brush on egg wash over top. Bake at 350 for 30minutes or until hollow sound (because of the extra oil, I baked an extra 15minutes because it didn't sound quit hollow).

Well there you have it. Bread with an extra 13.5T of safflower oil. Very pretty, but super sensitive when I brushed the eggs wash, it sorta fell on the sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment