05 March 2012

Cran-Pineapple Sourdough Muffins

Only a few more items to bake till the starter hibernates in the fridge. So, lets make some Muffins! Because I want to try these silicone inserts that Mom bought for me. : )


Note: I messed up the proportions in the first batch. So, hopefully I fixed what needed fixing with the edits below. Basically, I had too much sugar ratio to the flour. Sorry no good pictures. When too much sugar ratio, its very crunchy and doesn't rise. When I added more flour and an egg, it made it more fluffy.

Mix the Wet
  • 1.25c starter (whole wheat)
  • 3/8c canola oil
  • 2 large eggs
Add in the Dry (that was whisked in a separate bowl)
  • 1.5c all purpose flour
  • 2T ground flax seed meal
  • 1c white sugar
  • 1/4c brown sugar
  • 1t salt
  • 1t baking soda 
  • 1t cardomon (optional)
And then fold in 1/2c cranberries and 1/2c dried pineapple.

Bake at 375 F for 10-12 minutes. (mini muffins)

No comments:

Post a Comment