16 March 2012

How to measure love....8 inches

You may find my title funny but I measure my love in 8 inches. Why 8 inches? Because this last year, I decided to grow my hair long enough to donate 8 inches to help make a wig for someone with Cancer. Did you know that about 3,400 people are diagnosed with cancer daily and that about 1,500 people die from cancer daily in the U.S.? Little did I realize that it would takes 3 full heads of hair to make 1 wig, that's a lot of hair for one wig. So, I've decided that I'll try my best to continue growing my hair out for one more donation. And hopefully Kalen will have enough hair also by the end of the year to make a donation.

Are you ready to measure your love in 8 inches ?

Luckily, I'll have enough to put up for my wedding here in 3 weeks. I seriously didn't recognize myself after the hair cut. And it feels really weird having short hair again. My hair is about an inch shorter than when I met Kalen almost three years ago. Crazy! At least I can dance with my hair down again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment