04 May 2012

Swiss Chard & Basil Marinara over Spaghetti

Thursday, I really wanted to find a use for that Swiss Chard. And I was inspired after we picked up the basil on Wednesday. I made Swiss Chard and Basil Marinara over Wheat and White Spaghetti noodles.

For this dish, Farmer's Market and Veggies from Sprouts (sale local farmers products)
Swiss Chard and Basil Marinara over Spaghetti Pasta
  • Fresh Whole Basil with stem, thinly sliced
  • Swiss chard with stem, thinly sliced
  • Zucchini, thinly sliced
  • Vine ripe tomatoes, chopped
  • Garlic cloves, minced
  • Yellow Onion, chopped
Sauteed Zucchini and onion in Extra Virgin Olive oil. Then added Tomatoes and Sakie, reduced. Added freshly ground oregano and rosemary. Then, lay the Swiss Chard, Basil, and Garlic on top of sauce to steam. Stirred and let greens cook. And I prepped Spaghetti noodles, boiled, drained, and threw into sauce pan and mixed well.

Served with Parmesan cheese and I put red pepper flakes in mine. 

Only thing I wish I had was mushrooms. It did make enough for left overs and I tried using nutritional yeast for the substitute for cheese because its high in Vitamins: B3, B1, B2, B6 and B12. Didn't taste really like cheese but it could be because it was overshadowed by the basil and Swiss chard.

No comments:

Post a Comment